I was bored tonight. I wasn’t feeling well. But I needed to do something to feel productive, so I baked. I save all the recipes I read on other blogs with intentions of making them one day to Evernote. Tonight that seemed like a perfect place to look for an inspiration.I needed a recipe that didn’t require too many ingredients, that I had all the ingredients in house and that at least one ingredient is chocolate. The winner of the night – Oatmeal Almond Butter Cookies from Carrots ‘n Cake blog…I made a few adjustments – added ground flax seeds and white chocolate chips, but other than that I followed the recipe to a T. My house smells amazing. I think I want to bake these cookies every night. This is the type of cookies you bake before the in-laws come, before your mom comes, before your friends come over – oh they are for all occasions!Enjoy!!!Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Portion out dough onto baking sheet (I used the ice cream scoop for measurement)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges of cookies start to brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.