Happy Friday the 13th. Did you know that in 2015, we will have three Friday the 13th, and this is the second one?! Are you superstitious about this day? I am, and usually they end up being very lucky for me, but this one is turning up not so lucky… Here are the 13 facts about Friday the 13th.
It’s Friday! Finally! You know those days or weeks or months where you look back and aren’t quite sure how you made it through? This felt like one of those weeks. Impossibly long in some ways, incredibly quick in others. My mind and my focus were forced into so many different directions – work, endless to-do lists, Kiki’s schedule, car accident, insurance, home search and moving, packing, M&M, plane strangers, and so on…all that before the travel schedule begins. So this weekend will be one last opportunity to recharge for the days, weeks ahead. Planning to soak up every millisecond…even if my mind doesn’t slow down.
Oh if you haven’t noticed, the name of Friday posts have changed from “Friday Five” to “Friday Chat”…I just couldn’t keep it at five things to talk about…I’ve got too much to say!
What are your plans this weekend? I’m looking forward to just relaxing with Kiki, whatever that ends up being. Hope you have a good one, and here are a few fun links from around the web…
First and foremost, Happy Birthday Barbie! This blondie turned 56 years old this week. Here, a look back at Barbie’s best looks.
1. My desire to wear suits and dress up has never been bigger, thank you Olivia and Claire. Claire’s character might be a bit frightening, but aesthetically, she’s impeccably chic and pulled together.
2. There is an art to everything and so is to standing in heels. How to stand in heels for 8 hours without killing your feet.
5. I’ve been suffering from insomnia lately, needless to say, I will be trying this trick tonight, and tomorrow, and the night after….
6. Recently I chatted with a total stranger on a plane about the confidence game…
7. The same stranger on a plane and I also had a conversation about tricks for avoiding the small talk, especially on the planes…. needless to say, the plane stranger is no longer a stranger….
8. Ever since I saw this shot below on instagram, it’s been my go-to starter for dinner parties. Just add a baguette or crackers and you’re set. (Photo credit @vickimorton)
5 on Friday, Five on Friday, Friday chat, Let's Chat, me