Comfort and routine – the two words I never thought I would crave – O.M.G. – who have I become!!! Well, the so called “New Me” loves it! Part of my comfort is home made food. For someone who loves, really loves eating out in restaurants, I couldn’t wait to have a home cooked meal. Perhaps I was craving the chef’s cooking more than anything.
I wanted something simple, healthy and quick – a signature chef’s meal, but with a twist. So I “consulted” my trusted “Cooking Light” magazine and found a perfect recipe – honey cashew chicken with rice.
It was one of the best stir fry meals that the chef made. It was bursting with so much flavor and spice!!!! This meal is was so delicious – packed with fresh veggies, tender chicken, savory sauce all served on bed of jasmine rice – what’s not to love. Of course the chef loved that it was only a 20 minute cooking meal!!!! I finally feel like I am home.
- 1 cup instant rice jasmine rice
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted cashews, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- For details visit Cooking Light magazine…