After the longest week ever, I’m so happy the weekend is here. I had a lot of things happen this week that easily could have been ordeals. But I did my very best to adjust my attitude and turn them into adventures. Hopefully this weekend will bring even more adventures our way…real summer adventures.
When you live in a place that has 200 or more sunny days a year, the transition into summer isn’t something that is noticeable, but I still like to celebrate summer days by shifting into a more relaxed mindset. I read a quote today “….with summer hair gets lighter. skin gets darker. drinks get colder. music gets louder. nights get longer. life gets better.” Well this weekend I am definitely embracing summer – Kiki and I have plans, summer plans – watching a movie past her bed time, lots of swimming, playing with water balloons, pool birthday party, chilled Rose in my glass, some new music on my iPod, and Sunday at the beach!
But in a mean time, let me share with you a few things that piqued my interest this week….
1. If you are not into menu planning but thinking about it, or want to establish more of a family dinner time, pick up Jenny’s book Dinner: A Love Story. And just in time, she’s coming out with her second book this August.
2. The 10 Most Important Minutes of a Child’s Day. I am a huge believer in the power of bedtime. I love sitting with Kiki in her rocking chair reading a few books and just talking about her day. I always ask her to tell me one favorite thing about her day, what made her happy, and next thing you know she’s rambling on. It’s certainly tough on the nights when I am exhausted, but at the end of the day, those are the most precious moments we share.
3. I am in desperate need of making this change. So guilty of #2!
4. I can’t stop thinking of the idea of supper club or dinner gatherings or whatever you want to call them, and seriously toying with the idea of hosting one… now tell me this isn’t the most amazing, dreamiest dinner party you’ve seen?
5. And since we are on the topic of food, here are 10 foods that make you glow.
Extra: And because I always have something more to say…I always thought of myself as an extrovert, but reading through this article, I am clearly an ambivert. Which one are you?5 on Friday, 5 on Friday chat, chat time, Friday chat, me