1. If this last year has thought me anything, it's that I can do anything I put my mind to, including cooking. I learned how to cook, and I learned how to enjoy it. But I must say, I still prefer cooking or shall we say experimenting in the kitchen on weekends. The school nights are still a challenge...So when I came across this list of 15 recipes every parent should know I was jumping of joy. You really only need a handful of culinary moves in your back pocket to survive as a parent. Try them...you will be amazed how easy your week nights will become...this list just may make your witching hour that much easier.
2. The thoughts of holidays are consuming my mind; from gifts, decor, food, fancy drinks, travel and parties...but more then anything creating memories. It's time to pull my fancy DSLR and learn a tip or two how to make these memories last...How to Take Photos at Parties. I absolutely love the idea of photo scavenger and having everyone at the party take part...Ideas for photo challenges:
* tallest and shortest party guests
* a photo of the hostess, unaware
* people's shoes
* a shot from outside the party looking in
* guests coming and going
* as many people in the photo as possible
* balance as many objects as possible on your head
* hear no evil/see no evil/speak no evil
* spelling out a word with body parts
* people laughing
* food and drinks
3. I found a perfect weekend to-do list. Since I thrive on the structure of to-do list, I thought this one was perfect for me. The art of doing things for myself...maybe I can try it this weekend.
4. If you know me, you know I am all about organization and list making....though I love using fancy paper to make my to-do lists, I recently downloaded the Santa's Bag app that Sara of Total Basset Case suggested! It allows you to import recipients, set budgets, plan gifts, create wish and shopping lists, track your progress, and counts down the days. Oh, and it's password protected to keep snooping eyes away.
5. So much of my life and routines evolve around coffee. I would easily say, I am obsessed with coffee. So I am not sure how I feel about this study...I say any time is the best time to drink coffee. Coffee is like a velvet blanket providing comfort and love at all times of a day...what do you think of this study about The best time of day to drink coffee?
Today I'm linking up with Natasha and the Girls for FIVE ON FRIDAY chat!