• 2 slices whole-wheat bread, dried
• 1/3 cup walnuts
• 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
• Coarse salt and ground pepper
• 1 large egg white
• 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless (6 to 8 ounces each)
• 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
• Lemon slices, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a food processor, combine bread, walnuts, and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper. Process until fine breadcrumbs form. Transfer to a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat egg white until frothy.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip each breast into egg white, letting excess drip off, and then into crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
Read more at Wholeliving.com: Walnut-Crusted Chicken Breasts
• One 12-ounce box farfalle pasta
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
• Salt and pepper
• 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 1/4 cup roasted cashews
• 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
• 1 clove garlic
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta according to
package directions until al dente. Drain, return the pasta to the pot and toss with 2 tablespoons
olive oil. Cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, on a baking sheet, toss the tomatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt
and pepper. Roast in the oven until wrinkled, about 12 minutes.
Using a food processor, finely chop the parsley, cashews, parmesan, garlic and lemon juice.
With the machine on, slowly add the remaining ¼ cup olive oil and process until smooth; season
with salt and pepper.
In a serving bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes and pesto. Serve with more parmesan.