I come and go just like good restaurants in Miami...if you live in South Florida you will definitely understand this reference...in the mean time...let's talk.
Not sure that I have any earth shattering "Five on Friday" reads for you, but I have six things on my mind to share on this Friday.
1. Life hasn't been easy... there's been a lot of pain, too much loss to even comprehend. A very dear friend of mine is no longer with us, and I still can't wrap my head around it...sadness is unbearable.
2. I was out of town a few weekends ago and while walking the streets of a city very dear to my heart a thought came to me...."I do not belong to the city where I live now"...I am not sure what city I belong to, but certainly not where I am now.
3. My best sleeping baby has turned into an insomniac toddler. And I've been following in her footsteps. A vicious cycle that I don't know how to break.
4. Someone recently asked me how do I feel about being a working mom...The best thing is that being at work is really rewarding for me on a personal level. I feel challenged and smart and ready to kick ass. I love the example it sets for Kiki....I hope she sees a strong woman who has a life and enjoys it. The hardest thing is balance. I am not sure what balance is...especially not today when I am doing all of this on my own.....urgh, I think I hate word balance. Balance, balance, balance. My work brings me tremendous joy and I have to work to balance that with the joy my family brings. I think that just about sums it about...
5. Parenting...it's a tough job and there are days when I think I won't make it, and then she smiles at me and puts her hands around me, and I know it's all worth it.
6. I can't say enough about the advice given here: 15 CareerTips from Smart Women
Well, this is all I have for this Friday....spoken from my heart.
Have a wonderful weekend!